Capability – Submarines, industrial development and frontier technologies
InnovationAus is proud to present its upcoming online event, Capability – Submarines, industrial development and frontier technologies
About this Event
Join us in this discussion which is less about submarines and geopolitics, and more about industry development and frontier technology – from quantum computing and AI to rare earths and critical minerals.
Large-scale defence contracts direct huge investment into high-tech industries. At a time when a raft of powerful new technologies are coming of age, considered and well-directed industry programs and partnerships can be truly transformative. The industrial development opportunities for Australia are extraordinary.
Where is Australia placing its big bets to leverage existing research leadership? Where does Australia already have comparative advantage, and where will it partner to augment home-grown capability?
Quantum, artificial intelligence, 5G, advanced manufacturing, robotics and automation, and critical mineral processing are all part of this mix. This forum has been developed to facilitate a discussion at the highest levels of business about how companies can mobilise to build strategically important and commercially valuable intellectual property.
Expert guests include:
- The Hon. Arthur Sinodinos AO, Australia’s Ambassador to the United States of America
- The Hon. Steven Marshall, Premier of South Australia
- Professor Tanya Monro, Chief Defence Scientist, Department of Defence
- Professor Michelle Simmons AO, CEO & Founder at Silicon Quantum Computing, Director at ARC Centre of Excellence for Quantum Computation and Communication Technology
- Rear Admiral Lee Goddard , RAN, Head of Partnerships & Operations at Minderoo Foundation
- Adrian Beer, CEO, METS Ignited
- Rob Le Busque, Regional Vice President, Asia Pacific at Verizon Business Group
- Jens Goennemann, Managing Director, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
To learn more and to register, please click here.
Location: Online webinar
Time: 10:00 am – 11:00 am