Modern Manufacturing: The New Opportunity
AmCham brings a panel of business leaders to discuss how transforming Australian manufacturing will rebuild our economy.
About this Event
Manufacturing is critical to a modern Australian economy. AmCham brings a panel of business leaders to discuss how transforming Australian manufacturing will rebuild our economy.
Manufacturing is key to almost every supply chain and adds value across all sectors. Manufacturing is a capability that extends beyond production – by strategically investing and harnessing our world-class science and technology, Australia can open new markets and take more of our quality products to the world. Enabling digital technologies will also play a pivotal role in unlocking our potential and enable our local manufacturers to create entirely new products, processes, and business models.
Professor Bronwyn Fox, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Enterprise), Swinburne University of Technology will moderate the conversation between the following panel of experts:
- Jeanne Johns, Managing Director and CEO, Incitec Pivot
- Richard Macchiesi, General Manager | Innovation & Corporate Affairs, Visy
- Dr Jens Goennemann, Managing Director, Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC)
The panel will discuss:
- Supply chain dynamics, opportunities and risks
- The changing role of technology in the manufacturing process
- Australian and international collaboration in various manufacturing initiatives
- How manufacturers translate good ideas into commercial outcomes
- Opportunities and challenges for the industry including private and public investment in Australian manufacturing
To learn more and to register, please click here.
Location: Melbourne CBD
Time: 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Cost: AmCham members $169, Non-members $219, Table of 10 AmCham members $1,690, Table of 10 Non-members $2,190