Project description and overview:
Elenium Automation will develop and commercialise the FaceWay device, an access control device with the aim of restoring the freedom of movement in a post pandemic world.
The goal of this project is to develop a small form factor, Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) medically approved portable device that can be deployed into a range of environments to automatically provide in less than 1 second:
- Contactless health checks (fever detection)
- Identification with biometrics
- Contact tracing check-in; and
- The confirmation of a person’s compliance status (i.e. vaccine)
The proposed new FaceWay device will adapt and miniaturise the TGA certified sensor array from Elenium’s HealthGate device into a cost-effective portable device. The systems are all cloud based allowing connectivity anywhere and updates can be pushed out, ensuring the devices always have the latest software versions.
FaceWay will help restore the convenience and efficiency we are accustomed to, helping the public adapt to the complexities of an ongoing COVID infectious world. Elenium has developed a stage 1 prototype and this project will bring full commercialisation, including miniaturisation and ensuring manufacturing readiness of the product to be built in Melbourne Australia.
- Increased spending on R&D
- Increased collaboration with other manufacturers
- Higher information and communication technology (ICT) intensity
- Increased number of staff with science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) skills
- Better qualified employees
- Higher trade intensity
- Larger geographical reach
- Elenium forecast $20M in revenue over 5 years
- This project is projected to upskill and create an additional 22 jobs
Government Funds: $553,364 | Industry: $553,364 | In-Kind: $245,000