Joining forces to reach for the stars
Gilmour Space Technologies is developing new capabilities for launching small satellites into space. Founded by brothers Adam and James Gilmour in 2013, this Queensland-based startup is now one of Australia’s leading space companies, pioneering innovative hybrid propulsion technologies with the goal of providing lower cost access to space.
Subscribe to AMGC News
11 September 2019
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre in collaboration with AusIndustry are delighted to announce Bendigo Industry Connect
12 September 2019
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre in collaboration with AusIndustry and Committee for Greater Shepparton are delighted to announce Shepparton Industry Connect
13 September 2019
Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre in collaboration with AusIndustry and Federation University are delighted to announce Ballarat Industry Connect
13 September 2019
The Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre (AMGC) is inviting companies to provide input to the feasibility study for establishing a national Prefab Innovation Hub to support Australia’s manufacturing and construction industry.
The feasibility study will describe the requirements for the establishment of the Hub and will be presented to the Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science in January 2020. It is expected that the new Hub would strengthen Australia’s position in the global prefabricated building market and deliver the following outcomes:
- support links between the construction and manufacturing sectors, enabling businesses to benefit from advanced manufacturing processes
- support new technologies and innovations, enabling the transformation of the industry to provide smarter, more affordable and more sustainable construction solutions
- expand the manufactured buildings eco-system to improve the ability of business to incorporate advanced technologies and processes within industry
Your input will contribute to the feasibility study findings and help enable modern methods of construction to thrive in Australia.
The workshop facilitator will present a range of key topics for your feedback and advice during the two-hour session. Participants should have senior industry experience in prefabricated construction and/or manufacturing industries.
- Industry 4.0, automation, digitisation
- Finance and insurance
- Building standards
- Building performance and sustainability
- Materials and systems
- Culture and market attitudes / perceptions
- Application of manufactured buildings – residential, commercial, schools, defence, mining
- Policy and incentives
- Industry competitiveness
Lunch will be provided.
TIME: 11:30am – 1:30pm
Workshop spaces are limited and subject to approval by AMGC. Follow this link for more information on the Prefab Innovation Hub.