Austech – Showcasing Advanced Manufacturing Products
The Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited (AMTIL) has announced that Austech will be incorporated into Australian Manufacturing Week (AMW) as a specialist zone.
From 2000 to 2019, AMTIL hosted Austech—Australia’s premier advanced manufacturing and machine tool exhibition. With more than 170 companies on show, Austech was attended by thousands of industry professionals every year demonstrating state-of-the-art manufacturing hardware, software and support services.
According to AMTIL’s CEO, Shane Infanti, “Austech has been at the core of AMTIL’s activities on behalf of Australian manufacturing since we were founded in 1999. So, as we moved forward with AMW, it was very important to us to maintain continuity with that heritage within the metalworking and machine tool space. We’ve got a lot of longtime Austech exhibitors coming to AMW, and they will be a big part of the show.”
Advanced Manufacturing Products and Processes
The Austech specialist zone will showcase the latest metalworking, machine tools and ancillary equipment. It will feature demonstrations of a range of advanced manufacturing products and processes, all of which can be leveraged by Australian manufacturers to become globally competitive.
These products and processes will encompass:
- CNC machinery, lathes and mills
- Contract manufacturing and precision machining
- Cutting tools, tooling and tool holding
- Forming and fabricating machines
- Plasma, laser, waterjet and ultrasonic machines
- Ancillary equipment suppliers
A diverse range of companies is set to exhibit in the Austech specialist zone at AMW, including:
- ISCAR: founded in 1952, ISCAR has grown from a small blades factory to one of the world’s leading manufacturers of innovative cutting tools for metalworking.
- Romheld Automation: experts in high-quality workholding equipment, machine tool accessories and automation tooling for all types of manufacturing, from medical clean rooms to foundries.
- Sheetmetal Machinery Australia: provides leading-edge solutions from several innovative European machine tool manufacturers.
Australian Manufacturers Pavillion
Sponsored by AMGC, the Australian Manufacturers Pavilion is set to showcase the capabilities of Australia’s advanced manufacturing industry. It will celebrate some of Australia’s most accomplished manufacturers, toolmakers and engineering firms. Just some of the confirmed exhibitors include Marand, AW Bell and Sutton Tools.
If you are keen to learn more about how to diversify your business across the various stages of the manufacturing process, or how to compete on value (rather than cost), then be sure to stop by the Australian Manufacturers Pavilion. Have a chat to the exhibitors, as well as the AMGC team. Take the opportunity to learn from some of Australia’s most resilient and competitive manufacturers.
Further Information & Registration
Australian Manufacturing Week 2022 is being held at the International Convention Centre Sydney (ICC Sydney) in Darling Harbour from 7 to 10 June 2022.
While admission is free for trade personnel, registration is encouraged. For further information and to register, visit: https://australianmanufacturingweek.com.au/