Atlas TEC Pallet Project
Project description and overview:
The Venlo mission is to eliminate pallets going to landfill and being prematurely scrapped. Venlo will undertake an intensive fast-tracked project to design and develop a world-leading Technology Enhanced Circular (TEC) pallet solution.
The Atlas TEC Pallets in this project will deliver a best-in-class logistics solution, with pallets made from 100% recycled polymer materials, managed within an entirely circular and closed-loop automated repair and remanufacturing system that is tracked/traced and serviced within an advanced global data tracking network. The data collected and pooled from the product will greatly reduce damage and stock losses throughout the supply chain and drive continual improvement.
This project will see the Venlo team transition their designs and prototypes from a TRL4 through to TRL9, with a market-ready, commercialised, and scalable solution. The project will carry out a deep dive, fast to fail, rapid iteration design and validation process across both product and process to deliver the final solution.
This project will rapidly create more than 30 jobs in Australia through the initial product development, tooling, prototype, manufacturing, and recycling phases. This project will result in significant commercial and economic outcomes for Australia by delivering a transformative product to the global market.
- Increased spending on R&D
- Increased number of staff with science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) skills
- Better qualified employees
- Larger patent portfolio
- Increased levels of automation
- Smarter inventory management
- Greater share of services in total revenue
- Larger geographical reach
- Venlo forecast $63.7M in revenue over 5 years
- This project is projected to upskill and create an additional 30 jobs
Government Funds: $450,000 | Industry: $450,000 | In-Kind: $180,000