Manufacture of the Zella Stack
Project description and overview:
Zella DC is a global leader in the design and deployment of turn-key micro data centres for use in edge computing and critical infrastructure support applications.
This project will accelerate the development of a next-generation Micro Data Centre (MDC) called ‘Zella Stack’, which is expected to deliver the following competitive advantages:
- A unique stacking configuration that enables unprecedented scaling and flexibility options;
- A lighter, more rugged, and reduced form factor design, achieved through the of use of advanced polymer manufacturing technologies, which significantly lowers the cost of freight and installation;
- A highly efficient control system that optimises power usage and substantially reduces operating costs as compared to existing (on-premise) data centres;
- A fully-customisable assembly that end-users and resellers can self-design and order via Zella DC’s online intelligent configurator platform.
The proprietary intellectual property supporting the Zella Stack MDC is the subject of an International Patent Application and is owned entirely by Zella DC in Australia. The development and commercialisation of the Zella Stack MDC is yet another example of the innovative ambitions of the Zella DC business and it’s focus on delivering next generation MDC solutions that are fast, secure, scalable, and cost effective.
- Increased collaboration with other manufacturers
- Increased spending on R&D
- Increased information and communication technology (ICT) intensity
- Increased number of staff with science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) skills
- Larger patent portfolio
- Better qualified employees
- Increased levels of automation
- Smarter inventory management
- Better energy efficiency
- Higher marketing expenditure
- Higher trade intensity
- Larger geographical reach
- Zella DC forecast $25M in revenue over the next 5 years
- Zella DC plan to employ 10 new staff members and upskill 20 current staff members during this project
Government Funds: $406,550 | Industry: $406,550