Re-shoring Manufacturing of CT200i Smart Gateway Product
Project description and overview:
CarbonTRACK will develop and commercialise the CT200i Smart Gateway product. The CT200i Smart Gateway product is a physical device that connects to any energy assets such as solar and battery systems, generators and home appliances to maximise the use of the free solar energy that is generated. It provides control when appliances run during the day, to reduce the total energy used from the grid due to improved energy efficiency.
It securely communicates all energy asset data via a robust and secure connection method over cellular and Wi-Fi to the carbonTRACK Distributed Energy Resource Management System (DERMS) platform, which provides grid operators the ability to charge, discharge and limit energy generation of energy assets behind the meter.
The CT200i Smart Gateway has been deployed in the field in 10 different countries over the last 3-years as a wide scale trial. This has provided invaluable real-world data that has been used to redesign the product to ensure it meets the needs of the energy industry.
The CT200i Smart Gateway aims to target residential and commercial customers who have deployed energy assets such as solar and batteries and are looking to maximise their efficiency and get the highest return on investment possible for these assets.
This project will support the final stages of commercial design, development, certification and commercialisation of the product, making it ready for mass deployment into the market.
- Increased spending on R&D
- Increased collaboration with other manufacturers
- Higher information and communication technology (ICT) intensity
- Increased number of staff with science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) skills
- Better qualified employees
- Increased levels of automation
- Greater share of services in total revenue
- Larger geographical reach
- CarbonTRACK forecast $66.4M in revenue over 5 years
- This project is projected to upskill 2 employees and create an additional 11 jobs
Government Funds: $428,500 | Industry: $428,500 | In-Kind: $20,000