Steeline Advanced Manufacturing Facility
Project description and overview:
Steeline GRP proposes to develop a world-class Industry 4.0 standard Advanced Manufacturing Facility in Darwin. The Facility will house state-of-the-art automated metal manufacturing technology, supported by skilled staff possessing STEM capabilities that do not currently exist in the Northern Territory (NT).
This enhanced capability will alleviate the supply challenges faced by the construction, maritime, defence, aerospace, mining technology, oil and gas, renewables and infrastructure sectors and enhance the delivery capability of the NT. Existing manufacturing businesses will benefit from local development and delivery of production inputs, with the associated cost, time and risk benefits enabling them to increase productivity and access new markets.
Steeline GRP will introduce new cutting-edge machinery technologies and skilled labour at Industry 4.0 standards to commission an advanced manufacturing facility unparalleled in the southern hemisphere.
- Higher information and communication technology (ICT) intensity
- Better qualified employees
- More staff with science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) skills
- Increased levels of automation
- Greater capital intensity
- Newer equipment
- Larger geographical reach
- Steeline GRP forecast an additional $7.25M in revenue over 5 years
- This project is projected to create an additional 10 jobs over 5 years
Government Funds: $800,000 | Industry: $800,000 | In-Kind: $1,903,800