ZetiGate: Connecting the Food & Beverage Supply Chain
Project description and overview:
Zetifi has developed the ZetiGate, an innovative wireless network gateway that optimises low earth orbit satellite internet and terrestrial LTE networks to bring transformational connectivity to regional, rural and remote areas. The game-changing speed of low earth orbit satellite solutions coupled with the reliability and range of Zetifi’s technology will accelerate the digitisation of the Australian food and beverage sector.
Many key activities in the Australian food and beverage supply chain occur in areas that are poorly served by traditional telecommunications infrastructure and services. These connectivity issues have limited the sector’s ability to fully embrace the benefits of digitisation, such as SaaS solutions to provide real-time insights into supply chains and the use IoT monitoring data to guide critical manufacturing or processing decisions.
This project will address these connectivity limitations through the commercialisation of the ZetiGate – a high availability gateway that uses Software Defined Networking to seamlessly combine the speed of low earth orbit satellite technology with the reliability of a backup 3G/4G LTE network. In doing so it provides a superior internet connection and options to extend connectivity into areas with little or no mobile coverage using Zetifi’s long-range Wi-Fi solutions.
By addressing the reliability, complexity and coverage issues of existing technologies, Zetifi has developed a transformational and practical solution that will deliver the fast, pervasive and reliable connectivity that food and beverage manufacturers need. Zetifi will unlock supply chain efficiencies, quality improvements and provenance transparency for food and beverage manufacturing businesses through the commercialisation of the ZetiGate.
- Increased spending on R&D
- Increased information and communication technology (ICT) intensity
- Increased number of staff with science, technology, engineering, and maths (STEM) skills
- Larger patent portfolio
- Better qualified employees
- Increased levels of automation
- Greater share of services in total revenue
- Larger geographical reach
- Zetifi forecast $38.6M in revenue over 5 years
- This project is projected to upskill and create an additional 45 jobs during the project and within one year of project completion
Government Funds: $396,000 | Industry: $396,000 | In-Kind: $20,000