Your invitation to AMGC’s Pre-fab Innovation Hub Industry Workshops
The Hon Karen Andrews, Minister for Industry, Science and Technology, recently announced funding to establish a Pre-fab Innovation Hub.
Designed to strengthen Australia’s position within the global prefabricated building market, the Hub will help manufacturers design innovative prefabricated buildings that utilise advanced manufacturing processes, and are smarter, more affordable, and more eco-friendly.
To kick-start this new project, AMGC will first undertake a feasibility study. The feasibility study will describe the requirements for the establishment of the Hub and will be presented to the Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science in January 2020.
AMGC invites you to attend our upcoming Pre-fab Innovation Hub Industry Workshops to provide valuable input into the feasibility study. Your insights will help enable modern construction methods to thrive in Australia.
About the Pre-fab Innovation Hub Industry Workshops
A facilitator will present a range of key topics for your feedback and advice during the two-hour workshop. Just some of the topics will include:
- Industry 4.0, automation, digitisation
- Finance and insurance
- Building standards
- Building performance and sustainability
- Materials and systems
- Culture, market attitudes and perceptions
- Application of manufactured buildings, for example: residential, commercial, schools, defence, mining
- Policy and incentives
- Industry competitiveness
Where and When
- Adelaide: Friday 13th September link to registration
- Sydney: Monday 16th September link to registration
- Melbourne: Wednesday 18th September link to registration
- Perth: Friday 20th September link to registration
- Brisbane: Wednesday 2nd October link to registration
Please note that workshop spaces are limited and will be subject to approval by AMGC. Participants should have senior industry experience in prefabrication, building, construction, or manufacturing industries.
Submissions & further information
AMGC welcomes comments, enquiries, and submissions from industry to support the development of the feasibility study and Pre-fab Innovation Hub.
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected] by 31st October 2019.
For further information, visit the Pre-fab Innovation Hub page on AMGC’s website.